10 Oct WHAT IS COACHING? A COMPLETE INTRODUCTION
“It’s in your moment of decision that your destiny is shaped.” Tony Robbins.
We all know how it feels to set a goal, and feel all fired up for the first few weeks, only to get distracted soon afterwards and fall back into the same habits and routines. Excuses build, momentum fades and that fear of failure kicks in and so we stop and revert to what we know works. Mediocracy.
With a coach, things are different. You’re held accountable. You have razor-sharp focus. You have support. You identify the barriers before you begin meaning you’re ready for them when they strike. You review progress. You change your actions, not your goals. You achieve what you set out to achieve.
It’s even more than that with an IX7 coach. We’ve all taken huge, and deeply difficult decisions that have changed the entire trajectory of our lives – we’ve faced up to who we want to be and we’ve done what’s necessary to make it a reality. When you meet us, you will learn about our stories, but we are far more interested in your story. We want to know what you truly want, how we can help you to get it what self limiting belief we must uncover and remove to make it all a reality.
We believe in the impossible: we see it coming to life for the people we work with every single day and we want to do the same for you.
What is coaching?
At a very basic level, coaching is about working with someone who can help you to achieve your goals in a set timeframe.
At the next level, coaching is about working with an experienced and compelling coach to face up to who you want to become and what you want in your life, and taking massive action to make it all a reality.
During our sessions, you will build your confidence, develop your own goal setting ability and strengthen your resolve to making the right things happen so that you can hit all of your goals in life. It’s about achieving what you want, when you want; calling on methodologies that work for you.
So, whether you want to double your revenue, triple your profit, get more time off, increase your confidence, win more business, climb a mountain, achieve your wildest dream…a strong coach will help you to:
- get razor sharp focus on your chosen goal;
- act on the things that will make the difference in achieving your goal;
- remove the barriers that stand in the way;
- realise you have, or can acquire, everything you need to hit those goals;
- take massive action ; and,
- stay on track when things get tough.
A coach won’t let you quit, and they won’t entertain excuses. They’ll help you over, through or around every barrier between you and your goal.
Sound good? Keep reading.
How does coaching work?
A coaching relationship is based on trust. Everything you tell your coach is said in confidence.
Often, coaching is run in ‘blocks’ meaning you sign up for 6, 8 or 12 sessions and focus on one particular goal or challenge in those sessions.
Once you’ve achieved your goal, or the challenge has been overcome, it’s time to either wrap up the conversations with your coach, or it’s time to pick another goal or challenge.
Coaching is not about whinging, or complaining. Coaching is about proactive action; it’s about identifying a goal and doing what’s needed to hit it in the timeframe agreed. It’s about making things happen, for you.
If you constantly set yourself actions, but never complete them, a good coach will help you to understand why this might be, and work with you to alter the actions. This is because coaching is about action and results; it’s about moving forward positively.
Coaching sessions should happen regularly, at least once a month, and they generally last 45-60 minutes. With IX7, each coaching session runs for two hours.
It’s best to have them at a time, date and place that is right for you, so you’re ready and focused.
Most coaching sessions following the ‘GROW’ model. You might have heard of it before.
The GROW model explained:
The GROW model is a simple process for defining your goal (where are you going?), looking at the reality (where are you now?), exploring your options (what could you do to reach your goal?) and making a decision about the way forward (what action will you take to get there?).
These example questions will help you to understand the focus of each element:
- Where do you see yourself in 12 months? What does your life / business / world look like?
- How do you know once you’ve hit your goals? What’s different?
- Fast forward one year…what do you hope to have achieved? Why is this important to you?
- Where are you currently, against those goals?
- What steps have you already taken to achieve those goals?
- Who or what do you already have in your network / armoury that can help you hit those goals?
- What could you do to get there? (Explore lots of options and weigh them up with pros and cons)
- What would you do if time and money were unlimited?
- What obstacles stand in your way?
- What do you need to stop, start and continue doing to hit those goals?
- So, what will you do now, having weighed up the options?
- When will you begin?
- How can you keep yourself motivated?
- How and how often will you review progress?
These questions are examples only, and are very high level. IX7 coaches push beyond these questions, using a specialist list of questions designed and highly honed techniques to help you identify what it is you truly want, and what is holding you back.
Why work with a coach?
Changing your behaviours and following through on new actions, no matter how inspiring, can be challenging. Often it helps to have a professional there to guide you on your journey, push you when you want to slow down and help you overcome the barriers when things get tough.
With a coach, you will achieve your goals far more quickly than if you attempt it by yourself: you’re held more accountable and are pushed to focus on what you really want.
Remember, when you work with an IX7 coach, you’re not simply getting an hour or two of their time: you’re getting a lifetime of experience, learning, training and passion and it’s all focused on helping you to achieve your goals.
Here is what we bring:
- Experience – What we offer is not one hour of our time, once a month: it’s a lifetime of experience, dedication, learning and self-development.
- Belief – When everyone, including yourself, tells you it’s impossible, we’ll find the route through. It is possible. We will believe in you.
- Courage – We have done the impossible: we’ve faced our fears and made it happen for ourselves, against all the odds. When you choose us, you choose do-ers, not talkers.
- Action – The difference between people who make it, and people who don’t is action. We’ll work together to ensure you take the action other people won’t
- Results – Our focus is on getting you the results you want – this will always be in focus.
- Value – Included in our package are the sessions, all notes typed up and stored in your own private folder, full project management of your account and contact between sessions.
30 MINUTE COMPLIMENTARY COACHING SESSION
It is our pleasure to offer you this complimentary session. It is designed to:
- Give you an overview of coaching and how it works;
- Discuss goals you have and how you can make them a reality through coaching; and,
- Allow you to experience coaching first hand so you can decide if it is right for you.
Fill in the form and we’ll contact you to arrange the complimentary session.